OT Student Research Symposium
Earn up to 3 contact hours for continuing education requirements for OT licensure and NBCOT registration!
Thursday, May 16, 2019:
5:45 to 6:00 p.m. – Check-in
6:00 to 9:00 p.m. – MSOT student poster presentations
Appetizer buffet will be provided during this time as well.
Cost: Puget Sound Alumni $30, General Admission $35
Our second year students look forward to presenting their research during the upcoming symposium at the University of Puget Sound on May 16th. During the research symposium, our students will also be holding a silent auction to raise funds for the Student Occupational Therapy Association.
Adult Rehabilitation Topics:
- Bio/psycho/social factors associated with successful return to work post work conditioning/hardening
- Efficacy of exercise as a home program for upper extremity, head, and neck lymphedema management secondary to breast cancer
- High- and low-tech devices that are efficacious and feasible for clients with spinal cord injury
- For veterans who have sustained a stroke, best practices for re-engagement in meaningful activities to promote overall quality of life
- Rehabilitation protocols for reducing DIP/PIP joint capsule stiffness to improve function
- Trial & error vs errorless learning for persons with CVA and cognitive deficits
- Impact of occupational therapy-supported Tier I interventions on skill development and academic performance for students with and without disabilities in elementary school
- Most effective service delivery model (i.e., pull-out, push-in, 3:1) for promoting outcomes for students with disabilities receiving OT in school
- Occupation-based intervention compared to direct instruction in promoting self-determination in school
- Teaching approaches to health literacy to students with complex communication needs
- Teaching social emotional skills to students in self-contained classrooms
Please register by Friday, May 10th, 2019.
Driving directions to campus
To complete your registration, please make checks* payable to University of Puget Sound and mail to:
University of Puget Sound
School of Occupational Therapy, Symposium
1500 N. Warner St. #1070
Tacoma, WA 98416-1070
*We will also be accepting credit/debit card payments at the door.