Transfer Credit from U.S. Institutions
Below are the steps you must take to have courses from another U.S. college or university evaluated for the degree at the University of Puget Sound:
- Complete the Transfer Evaluation Request form. You will enter on the form the courses you would like to take at the other college, along with your contact information and information about your academic program (e.g. major, minor). For summer classes, you can complete the form as soon as the summer schedule is published at the other school. For those planning to attend a Washington State Community College, the Transfer Equivalency Manual is a guide to selecting courses. Note that the manual is a guide, and not a guarantee that any particular course listed will transfer to the Puget Sound degree.
- Save the completed form. Email it to Oscar Finn Secrist, Assistant Registar for Evaluation, in the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The form should be emailed from your pugetsound.edu email account.
- The Assistant Registrar for Evaluation will review your proposed courses following university transfer credit policies. Depending upon the courses you listed, he may need to do further work before completing your request. He may ask you to provide a course syllabus to make a final transfer determination. Upon your return, you may also need to submit the textbook and completed assignments for review as the basis of the final transfer credit evaluation.
- The Assistant Registrar for Evaluation will email you the completed Transfer Evaluation Request form. It will be emailed to your pugetsound.edu email account. This completed Transfer Evaluation Request form becomes part of your academic record. The Assistant Registrar will give you a copy of the completed form, and a copy will be sent to your academic advisor.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office at the transfer college to request an official transcript be sent to this address upon completion of the course(s):
Office of the Registrar
University of Puget Sound
1500 N. Warner St #1034
Tacoma, WA 98416-1034
It is the student’s responsibility to have the transcript sent to Puget Sound.
- After your official transcript arrives, the Assistant Registrar will apply your approved courses to your academic record at Puget Sound and will then email you confirmation of same.