Transfer Credit from U.S. Institutions
Below are the steps you must take to have courses from another U.S. college or university evaluated for the degree at the University of Puget Sound:
- Complete the Transfer Evaluation Request form (TER). Enter the courses you would like to take at the other college, along with your contact information and information about your academic program (e.g. major, minor). For summer classes, you can complete the form as soon as the summer schedule is published at the other school. The Transfer Equivalency Guide is a guide to selecting courses. The guide is a list of courses that were previously transferred. Note that the this is a guide, and not a guarantee that any particular course listed will transfer to the Puget Sound degree. If a course that you would like to take is not in the guide, it may still be transferable. You can place it on the TER for evaluation.
- Save the completed form. Send the form by email to the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your pugetsound.edu account.
- Your proposed courses will be reviewed according to the university's transfer credit policies. Refer to the Transfer Information section under Administrative Policies in the Bulletin. Depending upon the courses you listed, he may need to do further work before completing your request. Your may be asked to provide a course syllabus to make a final transfer determination. Upon your return, you may also need to submit the textbook and completed assignments for review as the basis of the final transfer credit evaluation.
- The completed Transfer Evaluation Request form will be sent to you by email to your pugetsound.edu account, and a copy will be sent to your academic advisor. This completed Transfer Evaluation Request form becomes part of your academic record.
- It is the student’s responsibility to have the transcript sent to Puget Sound. Contact the Registrar’s Office at the transfer college to request an official transcript be sent by one of the following methods:
By mail to:
Office of the Registrar
University of Puget Sound
1500 N. Warner St #1034
Tacoma, WA 98416-1034
The transcript must come from the transfer school's third party provider, such as Parchment or the Student Clearinghouse. Be sure to choose the Registrar's Office as the recipient. A transcript sent from you by email will not be considered official.
- After your official transcript arrives and your approved courses are applied to your academic record at Puget Sound you will receive confirmation by email.