Volunteer with Race & Pedagogy
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help make the Race & Pedagogy National Conference run smoothly. In order to ensure that conference attendees have the best experience possible, we are seeking students, staff, faculty, and members of the Race & Pedagogy Community Partners Forum, who are willing to volunteer in a number of ways. At this time we are seeking those already connected to the campus so that they may draw on existing knowledge of the campus to better aid our visitors. Below is a description of the volunteer roles we are seeking to fill and a link to a sign-up form. Please take a moment to read through the volunteer needs. Thank you!
- Ticketing – collect tickets/monitor conference passes at Keynote and Spotlight Lectures. Technology training session required pre-conference.
- Registration – Greet and assist conference attendees at arrival and check-in; provide initial directions; handout conference programs (where applicable); direct attendees to the Guidebook app and Guidebook volunteers; troubleshoot questions or be able to refer conference participants to appropriate RPI Logistics personnel.
- Runners – Aide Conference Logistics Team with in-the-moment needs and communication, run errands and make deliveries.
- Box Lunches – Check lunch tickets and staff box lunches tables to serve box lunches to conference attendees.
- Signage – Post and update conference signage around campus. Familiarity with the campus required.
- Assessment – Facilitate post-session assessment. Work with Institutional Research to deliver, pick-up, and turn-in paper evaluation forms for conference session. Provide instructions for digital assessment methods.
- Guidebook Troubleshooting – Assist conference attendees with downloading and using the Guidebook app for a smooth and interactive conference experience. Training session required.
- ADA Support Team – Assist individuals with disabilities navigate the campus and the conference, assuring travel between sessions (likely via golf carts), reserved seating and interpretation needs, listening devices, etc. Additional training required for this volunteer role.
Thank you, again for your willingness to volunteer for the Race & Pedagogy National Conference. Now that you have reviewed the volunteer needs, please click here to sign up to help out. In order to sign-up, you will need to log-in using the password available to Puget Sound students, faculty, and staff and to the RPI Community Partners Forum members.