Use these criteria to assist you in evaluating the coverage of a document.
- What appears to be the purpose of this information?
- Is it specifically stated or implied?
- Does it inform, persuade, entertain, or sell something?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Is it for scholars or students of the subject?
- Is it for the layperson?
- How thorough or complete is it?
- What is its range and depth of coverage?
Where to Look
- Check for documents titled readme or about this....
- Examine the body of the document.
- Check the URL.
- Compare the information with similar sites.