CIOS (Communication Institute for Online Scholarship)
- Perform your search.
- From the page that displays all your "hits", click on the link to "add to folder" for all the articles of interest.
- Each time a record is added to the folder, a new tab or window will open, displaying the Folder. Close this window until such time as you have added all the records of interest (otherwise you will keep proliferating open windows!)
- From the window that displays the records in your folder, put a check in the box in front of each record that you want to import into RefWorks.
- From the dropdown options box, choose Download checked items in RIS format (for Procite, EndNote, etc.)
- Without filling in your email address, click on the Submit button.
- Save the txt file to a location you can find. The default name is myciosfolderdownload.txt, but you can change the name of the file to whatever you like, just be sure to keep the txt extension.
- Login to your RefWorks account.
- Click on References / Import.
- Choose RIS Format for the Import Filter / Data Source.
- Choose RIS Format for the Database.
- Specify the Folder, if you like.
- In the box labelled "Import Data from the following Text File" , Browse to your saved text file, and open it, so it's pathway is displayed in the Import window.
- Click on Import.
- Your records should appear in the Last Imported Folder.