Food For Fines
Collins Library 2009 Food Drive
November 15 – 22
In support of National Hunger Week, the Library and Spirituality, Services, and Social Justice are co-sponsoring Food for Fines. Pay off your library fines with food instead of cash, November 15-22. Donate to a worthy cause AND clean up your library debt at the same time.
Bring in 1 can of food and we’ll deduct $1.00 from your library fines. That’s right!
One food item = $1.00 in fines
Up to $20.00 in overdue fines will be waived for each donation from the following list of acceptable items:
- 8 oz. or more can of fruits or vegetables
- 6 oz or more can of meat, fish, or poultry
- 10.5 oz. or more can of soup (no packaged soup)
- 1 box pasta, rice or dried beans
- 12 oz. or more box of cereal
- 8 oz. or more jar of peanut butter
Please read the fine print.
- Only non-perishable, undamaged, unexpired, and labeled items will be accepted.
- Bring food to the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the library.
- Food will be accepted for fines on returned items only, not for replacement fees of lost items.
- All the food donated during the drive will be given to local food banks.
- Don't have any fines? Additional donations are welcome.
- Questions? Ask at the Circulation Desk or call 3612.
*Want to know more about Hunger in the U.S. - Food for fines?
News & Events