A Glimpse of the Past

A Glimpse of the Past

Students gather at the soda fountain located in the Kittredge Hall College Commons in 1945. Kittredge Hall was built in 1942 and served as the student union building until 1960, when it was renovated to house the art department. For more historic campus photos, browse our digital collection in A Sound Past.

A Sound Past

Archives & Special Collections

The Archives & Special Collections collects, preserves, and makes available materials of lasting historical value that support research, teaching, and administrative activities at the University of Puget Sound. Our collections document the history of the university since its founding in 1888 and include administrative records, student publications, photographs, and ephemera relating to campus life, among other items. The A&SC is also home to manuscript collections, rare books, and artists books in subject areas that support the current teaching interests at Puget Sound, including but not limited to the people, history, economy, and politics of the Pacific Northwest region and materials that highlight the experiences of marginalized and underrepresented peoples.

The Archives & Special Collections is located on the second floor of the Collins Memorial Library. The A&SC is open for researchers on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 12:00 - 3:00 PM.  If you are unable to make it during our open hours, please contact us to make a research appointment.