Collins Memorial Library Goals 2017-2018
Enhance and distinguish the Puget Sound educational experience
- Teach and inform users about how to discover library resources with emphasis on PRIMO, the library catalog, and well as new databases.
- Teach and inform users about all forms of literacy, including not only information literacy but visual, data, and media literacies.
- Expand the value of our investment in LibGuides, a system that provides opportunities to curate knowledge through development of course guides by continuing to develop the LibAnswers database and Libwizard, a function that provides opportunities to create tutorials and assessment tools.
- Continue to offer Humanities 399, a digital humanities honors course which supports experiential learning.
- Continue to promote Archives & Special Collections with an emphasis on the integration of unique collections within the curriculum.
- Continue to promote Open Access resources and services.
- Enhance and grow student development/training programs, including participation in the pilot Compass Program run by Career and Employment Services and Experiential Learning.
- Review library web page with the goal of increasing discoverability of resources.
Build an inspiring physical environment for learning
- Review data and respond to results from ethnographic studies of library spaces to assess how the building is being used.
- Continue to seek improvements in library space with emphasis on Makerspace, library room 118, Learning Commons, and the 4th floor.
Collaboration and Partnerships
- Support development and growth of Puget Sound Digital Collections that engage community partners and showcase Puget Sound scholarship, with focus on the development of a PacRim digital photo journalism archive.
- Participate in the planning process for the 2018 Race & Pedagogy conference.
- Collaborate with faculty and community partners on library exhibits and events.
- Collaborate with the Orbis Cascade Alliance in pursuit of shared work processes.
- Utilize analytics and statistics to make informed decisions about library policy, services and collections as well as to inform stakeholders.
- Explore and incorporate new and improving functionality in the Shared Integrated Library System (SILS) to streamline work wherever possible.