Faculty & Staff Giving
As faculty and staff members, we are able to support areas that we are passionate about and have the opportunity to participate in ways beyond what we do every day. Gifts can be made to support student aid and the immediate needs of Puget Sound or one can support our esteemed faculty by making a gift to the Teaching in Excellence Award or Faculty Sabbaticals endowments. Community members can choose to contribute to the Community Scholarship Fund or a gift to support athletics.
The University's Highest Priorities
Besides financial aid, faculty and staff giving provides necessary funds to enable the university to respond quickly to opportunities that enrich the Puget Sound experience:
- Student Financial Aid
Participating in the Faculty and Staff Campaign will help provide tuition assistance for students—talented, dedicated individuals who now have the opportunity for a Puget Sound education because the university has provided a significant amount of financial aid. More than two-thirds of Puget Sound students require need-based financial aid and the university continually strives to meet the full demand.
- Faculty Excellence
Great teaching has been a tradition at Puget Sound since our earliest days. Committed to educating the next generation of leaders, academic programs of the highest quality are taught in a supportive environment with small class sizes. A student-to-professor ratio of 12 to 1 gives young minds and spirits the opportunity to learn to think critically and make informed decisions. Puget Sound Fund support enables the university to retain top-notch faculty to match the talents of our students.
In an ever-changing world, the university is committed to providing vital technological upgrades and resources.
- Collins Memorial Library
Philanthropic support enables the newly renovated Collins Memorial Library to provide for new collections and sophisticated media and technology.
- Undergraduate Research
The University of Puget Sound offers undergraduate students the opportunity to engage in concentrated research, with personal guidance from a faculty member that is usually offered only at the graduate level at other universities.
Your gift supports every aspect of a Puget Sound education. You can choose how:
- Area of Greatest Need: Support the university’s most critical needs—financial aid, faculty-student research, academic programs, technology, and much more.
- Student Financial Aid: Help ensure that all talented and deserving students can attend Puget Sound, regardless of their financial means.
- Faculty Support: Support Puget Sound’s greatest asset. Help attract and retain top talent, and provide funds for research, mentorship, and sabbaticals.
- Academic Program:Support our 24/7 learning environment, including a diverse and challenging curriculum, experiential learning opportunities, academic-residential programs, and more.
- Student Life: Contribute to the unique Puget Sound experience by supporting orientation programs, residence life, and co-curricular leadership opportunities.
- Campus Enrichment and Maintenance: Help enhance the character of our campus and support the growing needs of our residential students.
How Can I Make A Gift?
- Credit Card
To make a gift with your VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card, use our secure server or simply call and provide us with the information by phone. Contact the annual giving staff at 866.GO.LOGGERS or 253.879.2923.
Mail your check to University of Puget Sound, Attn: Gift Processing-Faculty and Staff Campaign, 1500 North Warner Street #1063, Tacoma, WA 98416-1063.
Faculty and Staff Fundraising Committee
Nancy Bristow, history
Jane Carlin, library
Robin Hamilton, athletics
Suzanne Holland, religion
Zaixin Hong, art and art history
Diane Kelley, foreign languages and literature
Linda Norvell King P'06, president’s office
Sunil Kukreja, comparative sociology
Chuck Luce, communications
Justin Lunt, athletics/men’s basketball
Jeff Matthews P’16, business and leadership
Maria Sampen, music