"Great Hall" was built in 1959 and has always served as part of the dining facility. In 1995 it was dedicated in memory of Virginia and Velton Marshall, longtime university friends, in appreciation of the gift from Mrs. Marshall's estate. In 2014, Marshall Hall was renovated with a new two-story addition. Along with expanded kitchen space on the first floor, the addition includes a second floor seating area for 200 and new dining staff offices. Wheelock Student Center, which houses Marshall Hall, is named in honor of Mrs. Marshall's parents.