Connecting to the Campus Network
Network connectivity, both wired and wireless, is available in all buildings across campus. Faculty, staff, and students should connect by ethernet cable to a network port or by selecting PS-CampusAccess in the list of available wireless networks. Connecting to PS-CampusAccess will ensure the fastest service and complete access to university resources.
Visitors to campus can connect to the Internet on laptops, smart phones, and other devices by selecting PS-Guest Access.
To ensure a safe computing environment for all users, the University of Puget Sound employs a Connect Key on both the residential network and the wireless network, PS-CampusAccess.
PLEASE NOTE: The Connect Key does NOT filter, log, or monitor Internet content in any way. For questions or assistance, contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.
How to Install the Puget Sound Connect Key
- Start by connecting to the PS-CampusAccess wireless network or the residential wired network.
- When you open a browser, you’ll be prompted to log in with your Puget Sound username and password. See Log-in Help for more information.
- Click the button to download and install the Connect Key, or download the file here for Windows PC or Mac computer and run the file to install.
- Download should begin automatically. Important Note: If your computer is running McAfee or Norton Internet Security or a firewall, you may need to allow Internet access for the Connect Key files, SCClient.exe and SCManager.exe (SCManagerD and SCClient on Macs), to avoid being asked to repeatedly download and install the Connect Key.
- Follow the instructions presented during the install process.
- The Connect Key will validate that your computer meets the requirements. If it does not meet the requirements, a message will be displayed. Follow the on-screen instructions or contact the Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- The Connect Key will automatically log your computer into the network wherever you go on campus. As a security precaution, you may be prompted to log in occasionally.
Connect Key Requirements
Computers connecting to the network must meet the following requirements:
- Anti-virus software running with automatic updates enabled
- Automatic operating system updates enabled
- No illegal peer to peer file sharing
Student Printers and Other Connections
Students should contact Technology Services for scheduling a personal printer configuration appointment. No wireless routers of any kind are allowed.
Students interested in obtaining a cable modem may contact the university's cable TV provider, Click!, to contract for individual network services.
If you've forgotten your username or password, go to myPugetSound, select the question mark icon, and follow the prompts to retrieve your username or reset your password. If you remember your password but need to change or update it, you may log in to myPugetSound and go to "My Account." From there, select "Change my Password" and follow the on-screen instructions.
You should also go to myPugetSound and log in there first if any of the following conditions apply to you:
- It is the first time you are using your Puget Sound login.
- Your password was changed recently by Technology Services.
- Your password was locked after multiple incorrect password attempts.
For assistance, contact the contact the Technology Service Desk at 253.879.8585 or email@example.com.
Be Smart and Stay Legal
If you illegally download copyrighted material, you may be subject to criminal and civil penalties. Paying to get legal copies of the music and videos you like is a cheaper way to go!
See the extensive list of legal alternatives for downloading music and video files compiled by EDUCAUSE, a nonprofit association focused on information technology in higher education.