Formatting Contact Information
Contact information about a department or program should be found in the right-side Contact Information box on the main page of the program's website, and should be formatted as follows:
Person or Program Name (in bold)
Title if appropriate
1500 N. Warner St. #0000
Tacoma, WA 98416-0000
Local address (e.g., Jones 101)
Note the following things about this format:
- Mailing address typically includes the campus mailbox at the end of the address line, preceded by a # sign. This eliminates the need for a second line listing the CMB number. The mailbox number is also typically included as the extra four digits after the standard 98416 zip code.
- Local address would be something like Jones 100, Wyatt 223, or WSC 200.
- Phone numbers use dots between the sections, not parentheses, spaces, or dashes. If you have a toll-free number, you can still use this convention: 800.555.1212.
- The word (fax) should appear in lower case letters following the fax number, if desired. No label should be appended to the standard phone number in most cases. People understand that if a number is listed and not identified as something other than a telephone number, then it's a regular phone number.
- Email addresses should be displayed on the screen and the link attached to the address should be a simple HTML mailto, such as mailto:email@example.com.
Hint: If you just type the person's email address into the URL field, when you click OK, the CMS will prompt you and offer to add the mailto prefix. Then you don't need to worry about doing it incorrectly!
- If adding office hours to the Contact Information section, be sure to use standard university style on your times: 8 a.m. instead of 8AM or 8:00am.
To add contact information to the right side of your page, click the Add Callout button in the Right-Side Callouts section at the bottom of the Content tab, and select Contact Information from the drop-down at the top of the window. Enter the contact information using the formatting notes above.