How do I upload a file for use on the website?
PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, etc.
- Check out the page you want to add the file to in CMS.
- Highlight the text in the Page Content section that you want to link to your document. Be careful not to miss any letters or add any spaces you didn't want in your link.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link icon in the formatting toolbar.
- In the Insert/Edit Link window that appears, click the Browse icon to the right of the URL field.
- Navigate to the folder you want your file to upload TO ON THE SERVER in the File Browser. (Usually your department or personal faculty folder.)
- Click the Upload File button at the top of the window.
- Click the Upload button.
- Navigate to and select your document ON YOUR COMPUTER in the browse window.
- Click the Open button at the bottom of the browse window.
- Select your newly uploaded file and click the Use Selected Item button.
- If you want your link to open in a new window (this is often the case when opening a file like a Word or PDF document), use the Target field to indicate that.