Commencement 2021 Registration & Ticketing
In order to most safely manage these regulated aspects of ticketing and seating, we must require that graduates and their guests register to attend their Commencement ceremonies. The deadline to register is Saturday, May 1.
- Tickets will be required for entry into the event. Tickets will be distributed via email to registrants and will be scanned on-site for admittance, via mobile device or a printed paper copy. This will ensure contactless ticketed entry.
- Each entrance/exit location will be labeled clearly with a letter (i.e. Gate A-Gate H) that will correspond to assigned entry and exit location and instructions on each ticket for guests.
- Each two-guest pod is allowed one lap infant (2 years old or younger) who does not require a ticket, and who does not count against the two-guest limit. The child must be seated on a ticketed guest's lap. Additional chairs cannot be added to two-guest pod.
- Guests will also be assigned into specific sections of seating on Peyton Field or Baker Stadium stands, and assigned to staggered arrival times.
- Following the ceremony, guests will be instructed to exit by assigned groups, and remain seated until their group is called, in order to control egress and maintain social distancing. Staggered time entry and assigned group exit will be indicated on tickets.
- Graduates and faculty will be instructed to exit through specific exit locations on Lower Baker Field and will be asked to remain seated until their group is called to stand and process out.
Pending accurate registration and rsvp counts from our students and their guests, the University may be in a position wherein additional seats could be reallocated to those seeking more than their two guest tickets. The ability to do so is contingent on the fullest rsvp and registration counts. If you do not plan to attend Commencement in-person, please inform us so that we might be in a position to accommodate others seeking additional tickets. If you know a classmate who does not intend to participate in-person, please encourage them to rsvp “no” to the in-person Commencement ceremony so that we can best plan within our capacity limitations.
Faculty & Staff Participants
There will be seating on the field for faculty and a limited number of staff members. We ask faculty and staff who wish to attend Commencement in-person to RSVP by May 1 so that we may plan for safe seating.