Wondering about your options? Just thinking about your future is an important part of career development. Career Cruising is an easy way to get started!
Career Cruising is an interactive tool that makes it easy to explore and research career options:
—Rate your interests to quickly see careers suggested for you.
—Find out what it's like to work in various jobs.
—Search for careers by academic area, career type, or job title.
—Save your search results in a career portfolio.
Note: The resource menu was previously accessed via Cascade—use your Puget Sound username and password to log in to the new menu.
Use the Career Matchmaker to target your exploration:
This informal assessment tool can help you find careers that match your interests and skills:
1. Complete the first round of questions about your interests to create a list of career options that you can investigate.
If you choose, you can refine your results further with each of the following actions:
2. Select the level of education you plan to attain.
3. Answer more questions about your interests.
4. Take the skills assessment to see how your current self-reported skill set matches up with the career options presented.
Remember, you can save your results to a portfolio at any point in your session.
Login instructions for accessing Career Cruising and the Matchmaker assessment:
1. Log in to the CES Career Resources page using your Puget Sound credentials.
2. Select “Career Cruising” in the following screen.
3. For the Matchmaker assessment, click on the Assessments tab at the top of the screen and then select “Register” under Matchmaker & My Skills. You will be required to enter basic information to set up your profile including a username and password.
Use the Career Selector to assess your work values and preferences.
This informal assessment helps you find specific careers based on your subject area interests, desired education level, preferred tasks encountered at work, earnings, and working conditions. Answers help shape a list of about 30 careers that fit personal preferences.
Tips on using Career Cruising:
--You'll get out of Career Cruising what you put into it...so poke around. Click on all of the information tabs to get a really good idea of what various jobs are like.
--Thinking about career options is an essential aspect of career development. Career Cruising is an easy way to start the process. Have fun with it!
Want to talk with a career advisor about your Career Cruising results?
CES career advisors can help you devise an individualized action plan for career discovery and job/internship searching. Call 253.879.3161 to schedule an appointment.