November is Career Development Month!
Whether you're new at Puget Sound, or you're ready to graduate and make the leap from college to career, November is a great time to begin envisioning your future and taking action.
Ready to chat? The CES Team is here to support you!
Want to meet after 5 p.m.? During Career Development Month (and through the end of the Fall 2020 semester), appointments are available until 7 p.m. Pacific, Monday-Thursday.
Want to talk to another student? Mondays & Wednesdays from 5—7 p.m. Pacific, CES Peer Advisors offer intros to Handshake, LinkedIn, and Resumes!
Schedule an appointment via Handshake
Meanwhile, check out these quick factoids about CES team members...
Ready to explore your interests and research career options?
Learn about PathwayU Log in and get started with PathwayU!
- Build career development into your Spring schedule: Register for Career Awareness and Career Readiness courses!
Learn about CRDV 201 & 301 Meet with Jake about CRDV 301
Attend an event hosted by a CES team member...
- Do your profiles pop? Join Jake Nelko in a workshop to polish your LinkedIn and Handshake* profiles so that they catch the attention of recruiters. All skill levels are invited to attend. (Beginners should create a profile on each platform before attending.) | Friday, Nov. 6 or 13, 2020 (repeat), 2—3 p.m. Pacific
Make Your Profile Pop (Nov. 6) Make your profile pop (Nov. 13)
*A complete profile is the #1 way to start seeing opportunities that match your interests and to attract recruiters. Use this workshop to get started, or try the Handshake 10-day Profile Challenge.
- Help feed the world: Learn about internship opportunities with a Logger-alum affiliated organization: "Founded in 1929, the J.R. Simplot Company is one of the world's leading agribusiness companies with operations across the world. The company’s mission statement is Bringing Earth’s Resources to Life. For more information, watch this video and visit simplot.com" | Wednesday, Nov. 11, 5—5:30 p.m. Pacific
Feed the World with J.R. Simplot
- Students of color: Attend this casual networking event with alumni of color. Hear advice from alumni, ask questions, and form professional connections with folx who have transitioned from college to career. Presented by CES and COMBS. | Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020, 5—6 p.m. Pacific
Connect with Alumni of Color
- Want to work internationally? Join a group of Puget Sound graduates to hear about their experiences teaching English abroad and how they were able to secure their international positions. Presented by the Office of International Programs. | Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020, 5—6 p.m. Pacific
Teach English Abroad