Alumni are students’ most valuable resource when it comes to envisioning a future beyond the Puget Sound campus. Students look to alumni for encouragement, inspiration, ideas and advice.
The Alumni Council Career and Employment Services Committee (CESC) fosters a culture in which alumni are readily available to assist current students with career issues, supplementing and complementing the CES office with resources to support students as they align with and compete for opportunities leading to satisfying professional lives.
The Alumni Council CESC invites you to consider ways you can help Puget Sound students TODAY!
- Join the ASK Network.** Simply by being a member, students can see your profile and begin to develop ideas about their own career paths.
- Hire students and recent grads. Post job and internship opportunities at pugetsound.edu/HireStudents. (part-time, full-time, summer, and temporary)
- Encourage your colleagues and professional friends to recruit Puget Sound students and recent grads.
- Remind your employer why liberal arts graduates like you have talents worth seeking out.
- Identify Logger interns and new hires at your organization and offer to be a mentor.
- Display Puget Sound imprinted items at work to generate conversation about your alma mater.
- Host students at your worksite for the shadow program Take a Logger to Work Day.
- Post a picture of you at work (especially with Puget Sound interns or new hires) to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media with the hashtag #LoggersAtWork and @univpugetsound.
- Donate a padfolio or pocket business card holder to CES for us to provide to students who don’t have these items for an interview.
- Send a book that has impacted your career journey to CES to include in our “Alumni Recommendations” collection.
- Invite other alumni to join the ASK Network (at pugetsound.edu/JoinASK) as a way for students to learn about the variety of career paths taken by Puget Sound graduates.
- Attend ASK Night to meet students, share stories, and reconnect Logger-to-Logger.
Seek opportunities on behalf of Logger students and recent grads...
- Encourage your organization to recruit at Puget Sound: pugetsound.edu/HireStudents. (Chant it! pugetsound.edu/HireStudents. pugetsound.edu/HireStudents! pugetsound.eud/HireStudents!!)
- Does your organization have an employee referral program? Attend ASK Night to meet talented students who will soon be seeking internships and employment.
- Read examples of how other alumni (Super Loggers!) represented the potential of Puget Sound students and sought opportunities for their career development.
Have an idea for other ways alumni can support students' career development? Let us know!
**Already an ASK member in LinkedIn? Help create a surge of support for the Class of 2016 by spreading the word about the ASK Network...
- Reach out through your social networks to your alumni friends and tell them about ASK on LinkedIn. Point them to pugetsound.edu/JoinASK for more information.
- Tell alumni you encounter in person about the ASK Network. (Chant it to yourself a few times to lock it into your memory: pugetsound.edu/JoinASK. pugetsound.edu/JoinASK! pugetsound.edu/JoinASK!!)
- Challenge your Logger friends to a contest to see who can recruit the most new ASK members before the next Summer Reunion or Homecoming Weekend!