Career and Employment Services (CES)
Black Lives Matter. We denounce racism in all forms and stand in solidarity with the African American community, and with Logger students and alumni of color.
Please read President Crawford’s messages about the Violence in our Midst and The Work Continues, and visit Diversity at Puget Sound for information and resources.
CES is here for you during COVID-19!
- CES is operating remotely and will continue to offer career advising throughout the summer. Have a question, or want to schedule an appointment? Here are details.
- Have your summer plans been upended? CES and Experiential Learning are compiling ideas for how you can make the most of it. Visit: pugetsound.edu/UpsideDownSummer.
- Wondering how alumni navigated previous times of economic uncertainty? Or curious about how they got to where they are now? Watch ASK a Logger videos to learn about their career paths and to hear their advice.
- Put Handshake's remote capabilities to work! This powerful on-line tool was launched in January, and can help you continue to explore career options, make networking connections, and launch job or internship searches all from your computer. Log in to get started at PugetSound.JoinHandshake.com.
- Join us Fridays between 4 & 5 p.m. PDT for Handshake Happy Hour! Mix up a mocktail* and drop by for AMA with the Handshake experts. Sip and get tips! Find out how to: use the student network to get the inside scoop on organizations you've been eyeing... build a profile that will attract your perfect employer and simplify your job search... or any other topic you want to cover, including which hand to hold your mocktail in as you circulate during in-person networking events. *Get the weekly drink link in the Handshake event listing. Cheers!
- Since events are continuing through the summer, so is This Week with CES.
- Seniors: CES' career advising team has been calling each of you to check in and offer our support. If we missed you and you'd like to chat, please give us a call at 253.879.3161 and we'll get back to you ASAP. Remember, we're here for you even after you graduate, and we're open all summer long!
Visit our Parents page for resources that support you as you support your student's career development, including a parent's version of CES' Career Connections Newsletter.
Supervisors of Student Staff Members
Wondering how you can support your student staff members remotely? Visit our Compass during COVID page for ideas and resources.
Looking for ways to support students during COVID-19 and beyond? CES is partnering with Alumni and Parent Relations to get you connected:
We appreciate your flexibility during this evolving circumstance. Please monitor pugetsound.edu/coronavirus for campus updates.