Thank you for taking time to complete this reference form for your student(s) as part of their application to the 2019 Summer Academic Challenge!
Summer Academic Challenge (SAC) is an integral component of the University of Puget Sound's commitment to diversity and our institution’s diversity strategic goal to increase the recruitment of individuals from underrepresented minoritized groups, improve structural diversity, and promote their retention and success. This tuition-free summer math and science enrichment program enhances the programs provided during the academic year and prepares students for the next academic year. Students study material centered on a theme that changes from year to year. Students study specific mathematical and scientific topics that support the theme and relate those topics to larger questions.
Some questions to consider while completing your reference:
1. What is your relationship with the student (e.g. previous/current teacher)?
2. What are the student's strengths?
3. Where does the student tend to struggle? How have they worked to overcome those areas?
4. What can a summer math and science enrichment program provide for this student?
5. What can this student bring to a summer math and science enrichment program?
The deadline for references has been EXTENDED to Wednesday, May 22nd. If you are writing references for multiple students, please complete each reference individually. Should we have any questions regarding your reference, please provide your name, a current email address and phone number below. If you have any questions, please email SAC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253.879.3927.