Dear Members of the Campus Community,
As we continue our year-long strategic planning process, I write to update you on where we are and where we are headed.
Strategic Planning Steering Committee
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee, which includes faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, trustees and administrators, will convene for its fourth meeting on Feb. 21 to hear interim reports from each of our five Goal Teams.
The Goal Teams, which also represent the above constituencies, have been very hard at work since the beginning of the semester to develop initiatives to advance each of five key goals:
1) Advance institutional excellence, academic distinction, and student success.
Co-chairs: Suzanne Holland and Peter Wimberger
2) Enrich our learning environment through increased diversity, inclusion, and access.
Co-chairs: Gwynne Brown ’95 and Grace Livingston
3) Support and inspire our faculty and staff members.
Co-chairs: Janice Jackson-Haley and Renee Simms
4) Enhance engagement with the community.
Co-chairs: Fred Hamel and Moe Stephens
5) Pursue entrepreneurial opportunities in alignment with institutional mission.
Co-chairs: Lynnette Claire and Ellen Peters P’19
Your Feedback is Essential
Input on this work is important and welcome at any time. You can:
These are exciting and challenging times for higher education, and Puget Sound is in a unique position to further distinguish our institution, deepen the education we provide, and enhance our connections to the broader community. Thank you for contributing your voice to the development of a strategic plan that will guide our efforts in the decade to come.
Isiaah Crawford, Ph.D. | President