Alumni Outreach and Connections
Goal 4: We continuously work to develop opportunities for alumni to contribute in multiple ways to increase access, cultivate a culture of inclusive learning, support systemic transformation, and strengthen relationships with alumni from underrepresented and minoritized groups.
1) Acknowledge and affirm the diversity of experiences among Puget Sound alumni, including injustices in need of reconciliation.
2) Foster a culture of radical hospitality and engagement for prospective students, current students, and alumni.
3) Build institutional identity among minoritized students as future Puget Sound alumni and support and strengthen mentorship opportunities for alumni and students.
4) Develop active affinity groups and cultivate alumni financial giving culture that enhances diversity efforts.
- Reach out to alumni from systemically non-dominant groups
- Schedule annual events and programs aimed at strengthening relationships with alumni from systemically non-dominant and minoritized groups.
- Make an effort to form alumni groups from systemically non-dominant and racial/ethnic minoritized groups.
- Make continued efforts to form an LGBTQ alumni group
- Continue effort to diversify Alumni Council. During the past three years (since 2012), the number of alumni from diverse background on the council has increased from 13.5% to 14.5% (African American, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, Asian). The number of underrepresented and minoritized individuals (African American, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, and Asian) has increased from 4.3% to 6%
- Continue to be intentional about diversity when hiring vendors for its many events.