Wheelock Student Center Plaza
As part of a long-term, multi-phased renovation and expansion of Wheelock Student Center, construction began on improvements to the exterior plaza connecting Wheelock to the Jones Hall Circle on Monday, May 15, 2017. The plaza will reopen prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- More useable interaction space outside Wheelock
- Install new entrance canopy at Wheelock Student Center
- Add exterior seating and bike racks
- Improve access to Diversions with the addition of doors on the west side of the building
- Increase exterior and pedestrian lighting
- Replace uneven paving
- Improve drainage
- Expand Jones Circle sidewalk to a consistent width of 8-ft.
- Develop a new site for cherry trees to improve health and longevity
- Construct new elliptical retaining seat wall with cantilevered bench around existing Sequoia tree
Additional information will be made available throughout the summer. Please note the following:
- Wheelock will not be accessible from any of the west entrances.
- The Wheelock parking lot will remain open, but parking will not be available in the Jones Circle.
- N. 15th Street will be used for occasional construction crew access.
- Campus signage will redirect pedestrian and vehicle traffic as needed throughout the summer.
- Howarth Hall will not be accessible from the north entrance during construction.
- McIntyre Hall will not be accessible from the south entrance starting Monday, June 12.