Take Back The Night
Wednesday, March 30th, 8:30pm in Wyatt Atrirum
SIRGE sponsors annual events such as Take Back the Night, a three-day event constructed to empower those who have felt powerless. The events, including the march and candle-light vigil, are geared to support victims of sexual assault and rape, structured to make all participants know what it is to feel safe and powerful.
Past TBTN programming includes:
- Letcure by Jaclyn Friedman, Co-Author of Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Powere and a World without Rape
- Lecture by Keynote Speaker Leora Tanenbaum, author of "Slut! Growing up Female with a Bad Reputation"
- Self Defense Courses with Home Alive
- Sex Speakout and Musical Performances
- Lecture by Professor Leslie Bunnage: "The Sociology of Violence Against Women and Girls"
- Lecture by Keynote Speaker Inga Muscio, author of "Cunt: A Declaration of Independence"