We are NO LONGER HIRING for the following positions for the 2014-15 Academic Year. Please check back in with us in the Spring of 2015.
Summary of Position
To develop, implement and coordinate a yearlong program of educational events addressing the multiculturalism at Puget Sound. The programs coordinator works with broad groups and leaders such as faculty, staff, and students and works intimately with the members of Multicultural Student Services (MCSS) staff.
1. Work closely with the Director of Multicultural Student Services, Director of Student Programs, ASUPS program chairs, faculty, staff, student organizations, and community contacts to develop and implement programs.
a. Research and explore programming that enhances and supports diversity.
b. Pursue co-funding and co-sponsorship of related campus events.
c. Negotiate performances contract, reserve rooms, order hospitality, and other logistics.
d. Evaluate programming and lead discussions for future programs.
2. Maintain regular office hours in the Student Diversity Center (SDC).
3. Communicate with related groups or organizations such as the SDC Governing Council, Interfaith Council, Social Justice Coordinator, Interfaith Council, and Faculty Diversity Committee.
4. Collaborate with SDC Coordinators and Sexuality Issues, Relationships, & Gender Education Coordinator, the SDC Office Assistant on programming and other issues.
5. Produce all printed and electronic publicity materials for diversity programs.
6. Meet weekly with the Director of Multicultural Student Services to discuss program concerns and assess effectiveness.
Compensation and Estimated Time Commitment
$12.12 per hour; 9 hours per week September through May.
Submit a letter of interest and current resume to 3219 N 13th (CIAC House), or to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 10, 2014. Final candidates will interview with the Director for Multicultural Student Services.
For further information, please contact Czarina Ramsay, Director for Multicultural Student Services either by phone at 253.879.3373 or by email at email@example.com.
The SIRGE Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to facilitate and coordinate programming for the campus community centered on the topics of sexuality, healthy relationships, and gender. The coordinator will actively engage related student groups and organizations working on these issues. The coordinator reports to the Director of Multicultural Student Services.
1. Organize SIRGE sponsored events (such as Take Back The Night and the Clothesline project) and create campus programs and events that address issues of sexuality and sexual identity, healthy relationships, sexual assault prevention, and gender.
2. Maintain and facilitate open lines of communication with related student groups and organizations, such as but not limited to: Queer Student Alliance (Q&A); Women's InterseXtionality, Empowerment, and Narratives (WIXEN); VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood; and Greek chapters by attending SDC Governing Council, club meetings, and IFC/Pan-Hellenic meetings.
3. Act as the center of collection and distribution of information about sexual assault prevention programs and policies at Puget Sound.
4. Represent Puget Sound on the Washington Sexual Violence Prevention College Coalition.
5. Assist with Green Dot programming during orientation and/or any follow-up activities throughout the fall semester, at the discretion of the Director of Student Activities.
6. Keep weekday office hours in the Student Diversity Center.
7. Meet weekly with the Director of Multicultural Student Services to discuss needs, concerns, and to assess program effectiveness.
8. Participate in training and goal-setting with the Director of Multicultural Student Services and the Student Diversity Center and Diversity Theme Year Coordinators.
9. Serve on the committees as assigned.
10. Assist with selection, training, and transition of 2014-15 coordinator.
Compensation and Estimated Time Commitment
$12.12+ per hour; 9 hours per week for 31 weeks from August to May.
Submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Multicultural Student Services, 3219 N 13th (CIAC House) or to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 5 p.m. Final candidates will interview with the Director of Multicultural Student Services
For further information, please contact Czarina Ramsay, Director of Multicultural Student Services either by phone at 253.879.3373 or by email at email@example.com.