Community for Hispanic Awareness
The Community for Hispanic Awareness (CHispA) represents the Latino and Hispanic population of Puget Sound and their allies. We welcome all students to take part in our organization who would like to learn about Hispanic culture. Beyond that, we value the experiences of all our fellow Student Diversity Center clubs and strive to work collectively to alleviate injustices.
- Weekly Meetings Tuesdays at 7pm in the SDC
- Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM) displays, calendar and activities
- Tanning, Body Image and Race discussion led as part of Love Your Body Week
- Latin American Studies Lectures co-sponsored
- Latino in America viewing and discussion with BSU
- Mexican Food Fieldtrip to Vuelve A La Vida in Tacoma
The club officers for the 2010-2011 academic year are Co-Presidents Michelle Barreto and Jeanne Stevens, Treasurer Lauren Petersen, and Public Relations Officer Lyanna Diaz.
Scroll through the above photo gallery by clicking on the arrows and see all the various activities CHispA has participated in.