LGBT Leadership Scholarship
The Puget Sound LGBT Leadership Scholarship Fund was established in 2000 in order to recognize students who have demonstrated leadership and involvement in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community at the University of Puget Sound (including, but not limited to, participation in the Queer Student Alliance (Q+A), community organizations, and activist groups). The purpose of the scholarship is to complement successful academic experiences by providing financial support for student leadership and involvement in the LGBT community at Puget Sound. The committee welcomes applications from students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or as allies.
$3,700 in scholarship money will be awarded.
Applicants must have all of the following qualifications:
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior during the 2013-14 academic year
- Be enrolled, or planning to enroll, during the 2013 fall semester at the University of Puget Sound
- Demonstrated involvement in promoting LGBT student activities at the University of Puget Sound and surrounding community
- Demonstrated leadership in the promotion of a positive identity for LGBT students throughout the University and local community
- Be in good academic standing
LGBT Leadership Scholarship applicants must submit a short application.
Selection of recipients
Recipients will be chosen by a staff and faculty committee appointed by the Dean of Students.