Lavendar Graduates Celebration
The annual Lavender Graduates Celebration has become an enriching part of campus life at Puget Sound. The Lavender Graduates Celebration is a time to recognize and applaud the unique challenges and successes of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender students and their allies. Traditionally, the Celebration honors graduating students, honorary LavGrads who are faculty, staff, or administrators who are chosen to be recognized as allies to the LGBT community, and any Puget Sound alumni who chose to be part of the event.
Past Speakers & Keynotes include:
- 2012 Keynote by Rep. Laurie Jinkins, 27th Legislative District in Pierce County
- 2011 Speech by Amy Ryken, Ph.D.
- 2010 and 2011 Keynote by Donn Marshall, Ph.D.
- 2010 Speeches by Alana Kazam! '10 and Glynnis Kirchmeier '10
- 2009 Keynote by Dave Droge, Associate Professor, Communication Studies
- 2009 Speech by Briana Skirm '09, Elizabeth Smith '09 and Clay Thompson '09
- 2008 Keynote by Joseph Daniels, Chair of the Seattle Commission on Sexual Minorities
- 2008 Speeches by JD Barton '08 and Skylar Bihl '08
- 2007 Keynote by Donn Marshall, Ph.D.
- 2007 Speech by Clay Harmon '07
- 2006 Keynote by Terry Beck, Ph.D.
- 2005 Keynote Address by Rev. K. James Davis
- 2002 Keynote Address by J. David Macey, Jr., Ph.D.