Know Your Numbers
The majority of Puget Sound students make healthy choices regarding the consumption of alcohol and other drugs and are concerned about their friends' well-being!
- Most Puget Sound students have 4 or fewer drinks* when they party
- 79% drink no more than twice a week (if they drink at all)
- 4.8 is the average number of drinks* consumed per week
- 77% do NOT drive under the influence
- 83% would call for medical assistance if they thought a friend had alcohol poisoning
- 99% would support another student’s decision to call for medical assistance if a friend had alcohol poisoning
- 78% turn down offers for alcohol and other drugs
*one drink = one 12 oz. beer, 4-5 oz. wine, 1 oz. hard liquor
These numbers are based on the results of the Spring 2009 CORE survey completed by 702 students at Puget Sound.