Student Employees in CHWS
Counseling, Health, and Wellness Services hires work-study students to help with administrative and clinic activities. In the front office, these students typically file charts, help with administrative duties, and work on special projects. In the clinic's back office, student clinic assistants escort patients to exam rooms and record vital signs. They also clean exam rooms, stock supplies, and assist with lab work.
- Clinic assistants do not ask medical questions.
- Clinic assistants do not read medical charts.
- The practitioners do not discuss patient medical care with the student workers.
- All student workers in the student health center sign a confidentiality pledge.
- Violating confidentiality is grounds for immediate dismissal.
**If you do not want a student to assist you with your visit, inform the front desk prior to being seen.