Cost of CHWS Visits
New payment policy: payment is due at time of service in form of cash, check, or debit/credit card. If you do not pay within three weeks of service, charges will be sent to your student account with a service fee of $10. Additional lab fees may be charged up to 6 weeks after service.
- There is no charge for initial and/or ongoing counseling appointments. There is a $75 fee for specialized assessments that are sanctioned by Student Conduct (ex: mandated substance use and anger management assessment).
- The psychiatrist visit fees are $65 for the initial 50 minute appointment and $35 for the follow up 30 minute appointments. The no show fees for the psychiatric appointments are $125 for the initial and $65 for follow up visits.
- If you miss a counseling appointment without calling ahead to cancel, you will be charged $25.
- There is a $20 fee for each general medical appointment.
- There are charges for physical exams ranging from $55 to $100, depending on the complexity of the examination.
- This fee does not include the cost of immunizations or laboratory testing.
- You may bring your forms to CHWS for an estimate of possible charges.
- Women’s annual exams cost $55 plus the cost of any laboratory testing.
- There are costs for medications, laboratory tests and supplies used in your care.
- Procedures such as an ear wash, nebulizer treatment for asthma, toenail removal, wart treatment, or suturing of a laceration have associated costs.
- X-rays, typically performed at TRA Medical Imaging, are charged through that facility.
- If you miss a medical appointment scheduled for 20 minutes without calling ahead to cancel, you will be charged $20.
- If you miss a medical appointment scheduled for 40 minutes or longer without calling ahead to cancel, you will be charged $25.
- If you miss an appointment with our physician without calling ahead to cancel, you will be charged $25 for every 20 minutes scheduled.
You are responsible for the cost of prescription medications. CHWS maintains a small dispensary with some of the most commonly prescribed medications. Generally we are able to offer these medications at a lower cost to Puget Sound students than they would find in area pharmacies (cash price). Please discuss prescription cost options with your CHWS provider.
CHWS does not currently bill insurance companies. CHWS will provide the student with an itemized receipt which may then be submitted by you to your insurance company for reimbursement.