New Candidate Process
New candidates are students applying for a Residence Life position who are not currently on the Residence Life staff team and have never been an Resident Advisor, Resident Community Coordinator, Resident Programming Assistant, or Greek House Coordinator.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position on the Residence Life Student Staff team at the University of Puget Sound. Staff Selection is an extensive and thorough process; applications will be reviewed to assure that everyone continuing through the selection process meets the minimum qualifications. Final offers for Residence Life will be sent via email.
- Submit completed application to Residence Life by 5 p.m. on January 31, 2014.
- Submit two recommendation forms to Residence Life by 5 p.m. on January 31, 2014 (forms located in the application packet).
- A select number of candidates will be asked to participate in the individual interview process. Candidates will be emailed no later than Monday, February 3, 2014 about their continued candidacy.
- Those students selected to participate in the on-campus interview process will be asked to participate in one three-hour group session held on Saturday and Sunday morning, February 15 and 16 from 9 a.m.-Noon in Thompson Hall, during which you will work with multiple candidates in a variety of group exercises. Applicants will sign up for only one group process date. Each exercise will be facilitated by a member of the Residence Life Professional Staff and be observed by current student staff members. In addition, those students selected will also sign up for an individual interview time. Individual interviews will be thirty minutes long, held on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, February 15 and 16, 2013, between 1-5 p.m. in Thompson Hall. Applicants will sign up for only one interview which will be conducted by two members of the Residence Life staff.
- Prepare your personal expression project (instructions are included in the application packet) to bring with you and share during your individual interview.
- Final offers will occur by Friday, February 21.
Tips on Submitting a Well-Prepared Application
- Talk to current staff about their experience before preparing your application.
- Make sure you allow enough time for references to complete your recommendation forms! We suggest giving staff a two-week time frame.
- Have a friend review your essays for grammar errors and content feedback. Or, read your paper out loud - mistakes are often easier to hear than see!
- Be sure to submit your application on time!
- Utilize our Resume and Cover Letter Guide.
- Attend the Residence Life Mixer and one of the Info Nights.