Student Listing Form
For housemates wanted or subletting a rental
Landlord & Property Manager Listing Form
Rental listing form for non-UPS students
We have recently been informed of suspicious e-mail correspondence designed to defraud property managers. We have adapted the security measures listed below from Craigslist.com and encourage all property managers to use extra caution screening potential tenants.
Off-Campus Student Services
Please take the following precautions to avoid fraud.
- Try to work with people you can meet with in person. If you follow this simple rule you may avoid the majority of scam attempts.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, Moneygram or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- Fake cashiers checks and money orders are very common, and banks will cash them and hold you responsible when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- Off-Campus Student Services is not involved with any transactions between property managers and tenants, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification."
- Never give out your financial information (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.).
- Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a "scammer" will "guarantee" your transaction.
If you receive a suspicious e-mail or would like to report fraud, please send an e-mail message to our office to keep us informed. There are some legal and consumer resources listed below.