Take Back The Night
Wednesday, November 2nd 2016, 8:30pm in Wyatt Atrirum
SIRGE sponsors Take Back the Night, an event held each semester constructed to empower those who have felt powerless. The events, including a march around campus and speak-out, are geared to support victims of sexual violence, and structured to make all participants know what it is to feel safe and powerful.
Past TBTN programming includes:
- Letcure by Jaclyn Friedman, Co-Author of Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Powere and a World without Rape
- Lecture by Keynote Speaker Leora Tanenbaum, author of "Slut! Growing up Female with a Bad Reputation"
- Self Defense Courses with Home Alive
- Sex Speakout and Musical Performances
- Lecture by Professor Leslie Bunnage: "The Sociology of Violence Against Women and Girls"
- Lecture by Keynote Speaker Inga Muscio, author of "Cunt: A Declaration of Independence"
- Lecture by Author Naomi Wolf: "The Beauty Myth"