What will your legacy be?
We invite you to create your legacy at Puget Sound through a planned gift that supports the work of the university while allowing you to plan for your own financial security.
Planned gifts are not the result of great wealth, but rather of a great desire to make a lasting impact. After carefully considering the goals of your contribution, the assets to be used, the gift’s timing and tax implications, and its impact on your family and financial situation, you may find that you are able to make a larger impact with a planned gift than you imagined.
Planned gifts can be used to support faculty members, endow financial aid, or create your own scholarship. Your gift will support, inspire, and transform the students and faculty at Puget Sound, and the campus itself, for generations to come.
Types of Planned Giving
- Present. These gifts allow Puget Sound to make immediate use of your contribution, and include cash, appreciated securities, appreciated real estate, life insurance policies, and/or charitable lead trusts.
- Future. These gifts are designated now, but will not become available for use until a future time. Giving in this way allows you to retain assets in case you need them during your lifetime. Future gifts include bequests made in your will or living trust, or beneficiary designations from qualified retirement plans, life insurance policies, or bank/brokerage accounts.
- Gifts That Give Back. Giving in this way provides a charitable contribution with lifetime benefits for you and/or other designated beneficiaries, such as your spouse or children. They include charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, and retained life interests in personal residences.
Benefits of Planned Giving
In addition to University of Puget Sound, your planned gift may also offer considerable benefits to you and your family. A planned gift can:
- Reduce your current income and capital gains taxes, as well as gift and estate taxes.
- Provide income for you and/or a beneficiary, such as your spouse or another family member.
- Provide you with the satisfaction of making a substantial contribution toward the college’s current and future needs, and recognition for your generous intentions through membership in the Legacy Society.
To learn more please contact our Office of Planned Giving at 253.879.8541 or email@example.com, or visit the planned giving website.
The Legacy Society
Established in 1986 the Legacy Society is one way Puget Sound expresses its appreciation to those who have made a planned gift either in estate or through current financial plans. You become a member of the society when you indicate in writing that you have made an estate gift to University of Puget Sound. The greatest benefit of belonging to the Legacy Society is the satisfaction of knowing that your long-range plans will help future students receive Puget Sound’s one-of-a-kind educational experience.