- How do I get started?
- How do I choose my user ID?
- What fees are associated with the Alumni Online Community?
- Who is in the Alumni Online Directory?
- How do I add/remove my contact information to/from the Alumni Onlne Directory?
- Are address changes sent to the University of Puget Sound Alumni Office reflected in the Online Directory?
- Is that a zero or the letter "O" in my ID number?
- Connect me with the University of Puget Sound Alumni Online Community!
1. How do I get started?
All University of Puget Sound Alumni can take advantage of what the Online Community has to offer, but each individual must first register online.
Click on the link that follows the 'New to the Community' prompt. Enter your Last Name, First Name, and Class Year. Then click 'Find my Record'. Find your name confirm that it's you by using your ID number. You will need to request your ID number. Use this link to submit a request form. You should receive your ID number in your email inbox immediately. Once you have obtained the ID number, continue your registration by creating your own user ID and password, and providing a few other pieces of information. Use your newly created user ID and password anytime you want to access the community.
Note: You will need your ID number to register as a user. If you do not have that number, you must fill out this form.
2. How do I choose my user ID?
Please enter your first initial followed by your full last name (example: John Smith would enter “jsmith”). You can use up to 20 total characters. If you find that the user ID is not available, please add your middle initial and try again (example: “jpsmith”). Your ID must be between 6 and 20 alphanumeric characters long (i.e. excluding spaces, commas, or periods).
Note: Please choose your user ID carefully as it will become the first part of your Permanent E-Mail forwarding address should you decide to take advantage of the Permanent E-Mail forwarding service.
3. What fees are associated with the Alumni Online Community?
None! The Alumni Online Community is now completely free of charge to all alumni.
4. Who is in the Online Alumni Directory?
All Puget Sound alumni are listed in the Online Directory, unless they specifically requested to be excluded from the 1999 printed version of the University of Puget Sound Alumni Directory. If you find you are not listed, please let us know so the oversight can be corrected. Please include "OLC name issue" in the subject line of your email to help ensure a more accurate response.
5. How do I add/remove my contact information in the Online Alumni Directory?
Alumni have complete control over whether their contact information appears in the On-Line Alumni Directory and what information appears. All you need to do is delete the information that you do not want to display. For example, if you only want your work address to be listed, delete your home address from your listing. We strongly encourage you to display your e-mail address. If you are listed and do not want to be:
- Simply go to the Online Directory area of the Online Community and select View/Update Your Online Directory Listing and log on (using your username and password).
- Click to modify your directory listing preferences. From there you can select to hide any fields you desire, including your entire listing.
- If you would like to be listed and are not, please follow the above steps and once in the update mode, check the Display in Directory box. Your information will be displayed in the Online Alumni Directory. You can change this at any time.
Please note: You may display your contact information even if you do not choose to subscribe to the Alumni Online Directory.
6. Are address changes I send to the University of Puget Sound Alumni Office reflected in the Online Directory?
Yes. Updates will be added on a monthly basis.
If you are still having problems registering, please contact Nani Vishwanath '09 and describe your problem in detail. Please include "LOGGER[net] registration problem" in the subject line of your email to help ensure a more accurate response.
7. Is that a zero or a letter "O" in my ID number?
All University of Puget Sound alumni ID numbers begin with a capital letter B, followed by a series of zeros, not the letter "O". It will look something like this: 000001234
When you receive your ID number from the LOGGER[net] system, you may wish to cut and paste it directly into the ID number field when you register for the first time. This will help prevent any typographical errors.