Class of 1990
What are some of your favorite memories?
"Not getting thrown in the fountain on my birthday" – Amy Trentham-Dietz ‘90
"Doing research with the geology faculty and students in the Cascades, Rocky Mountains, Mexico, and Guatemala." – Keith Brunstad ‘90
"I loved walking the campus. It was so beautifull and had an historic feeling. I met my husband there, in Regester Hall where we lived and a number of good friends that we still keep in touch with." – Stephani Knutson ‘90
How would you describe your experience as a student?
"I truly enjoyed my experience as a student athletic trainer and it kicked off my career in sports medicine. My mentor, Zeke Schuldt, was an amazing teacher/counselor and instilled the knowledge and thought process needed to succeed in sports medicine." – Tresa McIlnay ‘90
What faculty or staff members do you remember most?
"Allison Paradise- made an art major like math, amazing!" – Kimberly Dougharty ‘90
“Jim Fredrickson from the Psych Dept. He was the one who helped me to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. He was a great mentor to me....” – Shari Sherwood ‘90
Highlights from 1990:
- The Hubble Space Telescope launched aboard Space Shuttle Discovery.
- Pete Sampras, age 19, wins the 1990 US Open, becoming the youngest person to ever win the event.
- Popular movies included: Home Alone, Ghost, and Dances With Wolves.
- South Africa frees Nelson Mandela after almost 28 years in prison.
- East and West Germany reunited.
- Regular unleaded gas averaged $1.16 a gallon.