Class of 1975
Can you believe that it has been 40 years since your time at Puget Sound?
What are some of your favorite memories?
"Luaus! Intramural's with the Beta's, Football Program, Phi Delt gatherings! Birthday dips in the fountain! Dr. Prins salesmanship class, Hawaiians seeing snow for the first time. Ice blocking at Annie Wright..." Frank Washburn '75
"The Adelphian Choir and semester in Vienna in '73 was one of the highlights of my life--personally, intellectually, AND musically. I am proud to be a UPS grad." Jan Anderson ‘75
"One of my favorite memories was going to the home of the University President (Phillip Phibbs) to watch the tennis match between Billy Jean King and Bobby Riggs on Sept. 20, 1973." Kathleen (Hemerick) Hendrickson '75
What faculty or staff members do you remember most?
"Renate Hodges in German because she took us into her home to teach us German cooking, took us to the German Christmas service, etc. - very individualized approach to cultural education along with the language instruction," Lynn Swedberg '70
Highlight from 1975:
- Wheel of Fortune premieres on NBC.
- Bill Gates founded Microsoft in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- NBC airs the first episode of Saturday Night Live.
- Apollo and Soyuz spacecraft take off for US-Soviet link-up in space (July 15).
- Home videotape systems (VCRs) are developed in Japan by Sony and Matsushita.
- The Herman Goelitz company introduced the gourmet jelly bean.
The original flavors were:
Licorice, Lemon, Grape, Root Beer, Cream Soda, Green Apple, Tangerine and Very Cherry
What do you remember?
Do you want to share in the discussion? Send your thoughts and memories to email@example.com or join the discussion on Facebook!