STS 345: Physics in the Modern World: Copenhagen to Manhattan
Honors 212: Origins of the Modern World View
Physics 310: Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
Recently Published: Commonly Asked Questions in Physics
Some Recent Publications
- Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Andrew Rex and Stephen T. Thornton (Fourth Edition), Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning (Boston, MA), 2013
- Essential College Physics, Andrew Rex and Richard Wolfson, Pearson Addison Wesley (San Francisco), 2010
- Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers (Third Edition), Andrew Rex and Stephen T. Thornton, Thompson Brooks/Cole (Pacific Grove, CA), 2006.
- Maxwell's Demon: Entropy, Classical and Quantum Information, Computing, Harvey S. Leff and Andrew F. Rex, Institute of Physics (Bristol), 2003.
- Integrated Physics and Calculus (Volume 1 and Volume 2), Andrew Rex and Martin Jackson, Addison Wesley Longman (San Francisco), 2000.
- Modern Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Second Edition, Andrew Rex and Stephen T. Thornton, Saunders College Publishing (Philadelphia), 2000.
- "Maxwell's Demon and the Culture of Entropy," Harvey S. Leff and Andrew F. Rex, Physics Essays 10, 125-149 (1997).
- "Entropy of Measurement and Erasure: Szilard's Membrane Model Revisited," Harvey S. Leff and Andrew F. Rex, Am. J. Phys. 63, 994-1000 (1994).
- "Entropy and Information for an Automated Maxwell's Demon," Andy Rex and Ross Larsen, PhysComp '92, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp. 93-101 (1993).