Interviews and Media Appearances
- "Roundtable: From Bean to Brew." Sustainability: The Journal of Record. February 2009. Vol. 2. No. 1.
- "Coffee from the Economist's Perspective." by Lois Maffeo. Fresh Cup Magazine, February 2007.
- Playing Fair." by Andrew Campbell. The Western Front, January 22, 2007.
- "The Good Shopper." by Barry Yeoman. O Magazine, September 2006.
- "A Cup of Fair Trade." March 29, 2006. Guest on KUOW's (Seattle NPR) "Weekday" show with host Steve Scher.
- "Fair Trade Roundtable." March 26, 2006. I was a guest on KCTS's (Seattle PBS) "Serious Money" with host Tom Cox.
- "UW Students Think Globally, Sip Locally," by Christine Frey. Seattle Post-intelligencer, January 24, 2006.
- "Fair Labor, Fair Trade: The View From the Mountain Village." by Carol Estes. Sound Consumer, October, 2005.
- "World's Largest Coffee Traders Agree to Sustainability, but How Committed Are They?" by William Baue. SocialFunds.Com, May 30, 2003.
- "Coffee Stirs Call for Fair Trade." by Peter Kammerer. South China Morning Post. May 25, 2003. This article also appeared in Hoover's Online, The World Economist and Crane's.
- "Fair Trade Coffee Urged on Campus." by Associated Press. March 23, 2003. This article appeared in the NY Times, the Boston Globe and the UK Guardian among other papers.
- "Coffee in Good conscience: Students Campaign for Roasters to Provide only 'Fair-Trade' Beans." Jake Batsell. The Seattle Times, March 17, 2002.