Conferences, Working Papers and Publications
Conference Participation, Working Papers and Publications
- "Who will pay the Costs of Sustainable Coffee Production?" (Abstract) Christopher Bacon and Matt Warning. Presented at the XXVIII International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association, June 11-14, 2009, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Here is the background study related to this paper.)
- "High C Prices, Pre-Finance Deficiencies and Fair Trade in the Balance." Hector Saez and Matthew Warning. Presented at the XXVII International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association, Montreal, Canada. September 6, 2007.
- "The Impact of Fair Trade Coffee on Economic Efficiency and Income Distribution." Matthew Warning and Gareth Green. For submission to World Development, Fall, 2008.
- Conference Presentation: Gareth Green and Matthew Warning. "The Microeconomics of Fair Trade Certified Coffee." Presented at the XXVI International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association,, San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 17, 2006.
- Haverford College. March 29, 2007. Haverford Distinguished Visitors Series. Classroom and Public Lectures.
- Northwest International Education Association Annual Conference, Olympia, Washington. May 5, 2006. Opening Keynote Address and Panelist.
- "Fair Trade Coffee in the Curriculum." Northwest Sustainability Conference 2006, Northwest Environmental Education Council. March 10, 2006. Panelist.
- Specialty Coffee Association of America Annual Conference, Seattle, Washington. Moderator for Transfair USA panel “Building Fair Trade Foundations.” April 14, 2005.
- “Small Farmer Participation in Contract Farming,” Matthew Warning, Nigel Key and Wendy Soo Hoo. Presented at the Western Economics Association International Annual Meetings, July 1, 2002, Seattle, Washington.
- “The Impact of Contract Farming on Income Distribution: Theory and Evidence,” Matthew Warning and Wendy Soo Hoo. Presented by Wendy Soo Hoo at the Western Economics Association International Annual Meetings June 30, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- “The Social Performance and Distributional Impact of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal.” Matthew and Warning and Nigel Key, World Development, 30(2): 255-263 (2002).
- "The Performance of Village Intermediaries in Rural Credit Delivery under Changing Penalty Regimes: Evidence from Senegal," Matthew Warning and Elisabeth Sadoulet, Journal of Development Studies, 35(1): 115 - 138 (1998).
- "Estimating Income Mobility from Census Data." Irma Adelman, Samuel Morley, Christoff Schenzler, and Matthew Warning. Journal of Policy Modeling , 16(2): 187-213 (1994).
- "Poverty and Rural Labor Markets in Developing Countries." Alain de Janvry, Chris Edmonds, Rinku Murgai, Elisabeth Sadoulet, Matt Warning and Paul Winters. International Labour Organization Monograph, January 1995. "Rural Labor in Africa."