Lucretia A. Berg, MSOT, OTR/L
Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor and Admission
Ms. Berg has worked as an occupational therapist in pediatric settings since 1985. She has focused her work on treating children with obstetrical brachial plexus injuries, traumatic injuries, cerebral palsy, and upper extremity congenital limb malformations or traumas. Ms. Berg has specialized in using technological adaptations to promote optimal functional participation. Recent interests include the use of constraint-induced movement therapy for children with hemiplegia or obstetrical brachial plexus palsy as an intensive therapy option. Ms. Berg has also been extensively involved in the annual campus-sponsored CarFit event.
"The Occupational Therapy Program at Puget Sound provides an authentic working and learning environment. The faculty are distinguished by how each incorporates active learning experiences to teach curriculum that is often challenging and complex. In fulfillment of Puget Sound's goals and objectives to serve the local community, the Occupational Therapy Program fosters emerging therapist deveopment at the on-site pediatric and adult therapy clinics, and the inclusion of students to serve the local menthal health community. Puget Sound Occupational Therapy Program is authentic because the faculty believe in the work of their peers and foster the belief that quality student learning is a primary objective".
- Treatment interventions for children with obstetrical brachial plexus palsy and post-traumatic traumas.
- Constraint-induced movement therapy for children with hemiplegia or obstetrical brachial plexus palsy.
Ms. Berg enjoys cycling, hiking, and kayaking with her husband, and creative writing.
- Bachelor of Science Psychology
Washington State University
- Bachelor of Science Occupational Therapy
University of Washington
- Post-Professional Master of Science Occupational Therapy
University of Puget Sound
Certifications and Licensure
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Washington State occupational therapy license
- CarFit (currently being pursued)
Courses Recently Taught
- OT 600 Foundations of Occupational Therapy
- OT 633b Human Performance & Adaptation
- OT 661 Applied Clinical Treatment/Management-pediatrics
- OT 667 Technological Adaptations
- OT 693b Program Project
- Chair for student-led projects and research
Key Community and University Service
- Three-week intensive pediatric constraint-induced movement therapy camp
- Occupational Therapy Program recruitment
- On-call at a local community pediatric clinic
Awards and Honors
- Washington Occupational Therapy Association Service Award-2006
- Good Samaritan Hospital-Children’s Therapy Unit Linda Yates Award-2010
Anderson, J., Watling, R., & Berg, L. (2012). Current trends in occupational therapy services for adults with developmental disabilities in small community living settings. UPS Master’s thesis.
Onsager, S., Tanta, K., & Berg, L. (2012). Experiences with a Service Dog of an Adolescent with Spinal Muscular Atrophy. UPS Master’s thesis.
Hobbs, P., & Berg, L. (2011). Creating inclusive classrooms for students with hearing impairments through the use of assistive technology and environmental modifications. UPS Master’s thesis.