Buildings may be locked down in case of violent situations on or near campus or for other safety reasons.
What You Should Do
Get to safety.
- Use your judgment based on circumstances. If possible quickly leave the area of risk or hide in a secure building, room, or outdoor space.
Secure yourself as best as you can.
- Lock the door of the room you are occupying.
- Lie on the floor, out of sight and away from windows and doors.
- Place cell phones or pagers on vibrate so that you can receive messages quietly.
What Others Will Do
- External doors will be secured by university staff involved in emergency response.
- The campus will be notified when the lock down is over and/or the situation is resolved.