In event of a violent act or behavior on or near campus, Security Services may initiate a campus lockdown through an all-campus Security Alert message and/or Wide Area Broadcast towers.
What you should do:
- Lock doors and windows of the room you occupy. Close window blinds and turn off lights.
- Assist others to seek shelter.
- Stay low to the floor and away from doors and windows. Generally it is safest near the hallway wall.
- Avoid gathering together in groups. Try to remain calm and quiet. Silence cellular telephones.
- Wait for instructions from uniformed police or security staff.
- If outdoors, go immediately to the nearest building and follow the instructions above.
What others will do:
- Secure external campus building doors.
- Activate emergency response coordination according to circumstances.
- Facilitate law enforcement and emergency medical aid response to campus.
- Communicate with the campus community and media.