Faculty Nominated Scholarships
All Puget Sound faculty are invited to nominate outstanding students for these prestigious scholarships.
Lora Bryning Scholarship
Five students will be selected as Bryning Scholars and each will recieve a $6,000 scholarship. Bryning candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Junior or senior class standing by the 2013 fall term.
- Excellence and talent in their ability to express themselves and their intellect in writing.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Fred S. Wyatt Scholarship
Two students will be selected as Wyatt Scholars and each will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Wyatt candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Senior class standing by the 2013 fall semester.
- Understanding of the complexities and ambiguities of issues confronting society.
- Outstanding leadership abilities and communication skills.
- Potential to perform in graduate school and to receive further distinction through major fellowship programs such as the Rhodes or Truman fellowship programs.
Peter K. Wallerich Scholarship
Four students will be selected as Wallerich Scholars and each will receive a $6,000 scholarship. Wallerich candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Junior or senior class standing by the 2013 fall semester
- Demonstrate interest and success in research
- Plan for a career in the natural or health sciences
Nominated students will be asked to submit a letter of introduction, essay, and writing sample to the Faculty Scholarship Committee. After reviewing the nomination letters and application materials of each student, a select number of applicants will be invited to interview with the Faculty Scholarship Committee before selecting the final recipients.
Scholarship recipients are expected to be named no later than May 1.