Each year 75 undergraduate students choose to transfer to University of Puget Sound. In reviewing transfer applications, the office of admission looks for academic excellence and for interesting people who can contribute to the life of the university. We review applicants' entire college program, including the rigor of their courses, their grades, writing ability, and extracurricular and community activities. View our Transfer Student Profile here.
In order to simplify the application process for our prospective students and uphold our commitment to environmental responsibility, Puget Sound will be using the Common Application for Transfer Students in the upcoming admission cycle.
Transfer students may begin their academic work at the beginning of any semester. Applications received after the preferred deadlines will be accepted on a space-available basis. We will mail our admission decision as soon as possible after all necessary documents have been received. If you have any questions or concerns regarding transferring to Puget Sound, please email or call the Office of Admission at 253.879.3211.
- Complete the Common Application for Transfer Students, including the essay, and submit your application online by the priority deadline. The application fee is not required if you have previously applied to Puget Sound.
- Complete the Puget Sound Transfer Member Questions and Writing Supplement also found on the Common Application.
- The Registrar's Report signifies honorable dismissal from your previously attended institution(s). Complete your portion of this form and give to your college advisor, registrar, or other administrator.
- The College Instructor Evaluation should be completed and sent to Puget Sound by an instructor at your current institution, or the one you attended most recently. Complete your portion of this form and give to your instructor.
- Official College Transcripts from each college or university you have previously attended should be sent directly to Puget Sound. Puget Sound requires a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. (The average grade point for entering transfers is 3.35).
- For International Students: Submit your TOEFL or IELTS results. Learn more about the TOEFL and IELTS exams.
- For College Freshmen: Current freshmen at another college or university applying for our spring semester should fill out the Freshman Application and submit transcripts from their current institution, in addition to the rest of the requirements for a freshman applicant.
- For Transfer students with less than a year of credit: Transfer students who have completed less than a year of college coursework are required to submit final high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores, in addition to the rest of the requirements for a transfer applicant.
Please have all admission application materials sent directly to University of Puget Sound, Office of Admission, 1500 North Warner Street #1062, Tacoma, WA 98416-1062.
| ||Priority Application Deadline||Notification on|
*We are still accepting applications for the spring semester on a space-available basis.