Below you will find a complete list of requirements for freshman applicants. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.879.3211.
- Common Application: Complete the Common Application for Freshmen, including the essay and $50 application fee, and submit your application online by the priority deadline.
- Member Questions: Please fill out this section completely. If you agree to fill out the test-optional essay questions or if you indicate interest in the Business Leadership Program, Honors Program or the Lillis and Matelich scholarships in this section then you will need to fill out the Writing Supplement.
- Writing Supplement: Your ability to access the Writing Supplement is triggered by your responses to the Member Questions. The Puget Sound Writing Supplement is optional and includes the test-optional essay questions as well as applications for the Business Leadership Program, Honors Program and the Lillis and Matelich scholarships. Complete these applications only if you are interested in applying for these programs.
- Early Decision Agreement: Only for students applying Early Decision I or Early Decision II. Submit electronically through the Common Application Member Questions section.
- School Report: The School Report gives us information about your school, your curriculum, and your performance. Complete your portion of this form and give to your school counselor or other administrator. Submit electronically in the Assign Recommenders section of Common Application.
- Counselor Evaluation: The Counselor Evaluation form should be completed and sent to Puget Sound by your counselor at your current school. Complete your portion of this form and give it to your counselor. Submit electronically in the Assign Recommenders section of the Common Application.
- Teacher Evaluation: The Teacher Evaluation form should be completed and sent to Puget Sound by a teacher at your current school. Complete your portion of this form and give to your teacher. Submit electronically in the Assign Recommenders section of Common Application.
- Transcripts: Arrange to have official transcripts of all work completed at the high school and/or college level forwarded directly from the school(s) attended to the Puget Sound Office of Admission. Your high school counselor can submit your transcript with the school report via Common Application.
- Standardized Tests - ACT, SAT, or essay questions: You have the option to submit your standardized test scores from ACT or SAT, or to answer two short essay questions. SAT or ACT are required of international applicants. Learn more about test requirements for international students. Learn more about required exams. Learn more about the test-optional essay questions.
- International Students: Submit results from the TOEFL or IELTS. Learn more about the TOEFL and IELTS.
- Business Leadership Program: Students interested in joining the Business Leadership Program must submit BLP application materials found on the Puget Sound Writing Supplement by January 15.
- Honors Program: Students interested in joining the Honors Program must submit Honors application materials found on the Puget Sound Writing Supplement by January 15.
- Music: Students must audition, either in person or by recording, for acceptance to the major and/or for scholarship consideration. To audition, complete the audition application. Note: The Arts Supplement to the Common Application is not accepted.
|Important Admission Date
||Application postmarked by
|Early Decision Admission I
|Early Action Admission
|Early Decision Admission II
|Regular Decision Admission
||By April 1
Please return the form to the Office of Admission.