Summer 2015 Application
Fall 2015 Application
Spring 2016 Application
Full Year 2015-2016 Application
Deadline: January 30, 2015
The Study Abroad Application process is competitive. The basic requirements are:
- Be at least a 2nd semester sophomore in order to study abroad during the following fall or spring semester.
- Have no financial holds and be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- Meet their program GPA and academic requirements.
- If you are greater than .10 away from the required GPA, you will need to demonstrate that you have met the GPA requirement for at least two semesters.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a term GPA of 2.0 the semester prior to study abroad.
- No conduct holds.
- Students on Conduct Probation Level II (CP II) are not allowed to represent Puget Sound, and no waivers are permitted. Students may not apply for study abroad, nor may they participate in a study abroad program while on CP II.
- Students on Conduct Probation Level I (CP I) are not allowed to represent Puget Sound, unless they obtain a waiver for a specific purpose. A student wanting to apply to study abroad may petition for a waiver by following the process outlined here. If a waiver is granted, the IEC may consider the student’s application, or may consider allowing the student to study abroad.
- If placed on academic warning, suspension, or probation the semester a student will be going abroad, Puget Sound will revoke the approval to study abroad.
- Be enrolled on campus at Puget Sound the semester when applying and the semester before going abroad.
- To receive academic credit, students must select a program from the approved program list.