The application deadline for Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Academic Year 2016-17 study abroad programs has passed (January 29, 2016). Please check back for more information on applying to the 2017-2018 academic year. 

*If you intend to study abroad on one program for a full year, please complete the Fall Application and indicate full year on the application.  If you intend to apply for two separate program for two separate terms, please complete both Fall and Spring Applications.

Summer 2016 Study Abroad Application

Fall 2016/Full Year Study Abroad Application

Spring 2017 Study Abroad Application


The basic requirements are:

  • Be at least a 2nd semester sophomore in order to study abroad during the following fall or spring semester.
  • Have no financial holds and be in good academic standing at the time of application.
  • Meet their program GPA and academic requirements.
    • If you are greater than .10 away from the required GPA, you will need to demonstrate that you have met the GPA requirement for at least two semesters.
  • Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a term GPA of 2.0 the semester prior to study abroad.
  • No conduct holds.
    • Students on Conduct Probation Level II (CP II) are not allowed to represent Puget Sound, and no waivers are permitted. Students may not apply for study abroad, nor may they participate in a study abroad program while on CP II.
    • Students on Conduct Probation Level I (CP I) are not allowed to represent Puget Sound, unless they obtain a waiver for a specific purpose. A student wanting to apply to study abroad may petition for a waiver by following the process outlined here. If a waiver is granted, the IEC may consider the student’s application, or may consider allowing the student to study abroad.
  • If placed on academic warning, suspension, or probation the semester a student will be going abroad, Puget Sound will revoke the approval to study abroad.
  • Be enrolled on campus at Puget Sound the semester when applying and the semester before going abroad.
  • To receive academic credit, students must select a program from the approved program list.