Scheduling Rooms/Lab Space
Read these policies before reserving rooms/labs for research.
- You must have IRB approval and instructor’s approval before reserving classrooms or computer labs for research. Consult with your instructor regarding obtaining special equipment that you might need.
- To reserve rooms, for dates not on Research Night, send requests to Doris Acosta by e-mail at least 48 hours in advance. Do not contact individuals in charge of labs in person or by phone. Confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail within one or two days.
- Several Weyerhaeuser rooms have been reserved exclusively for Research Night on Thursday, 4/4/13, 6:00-8:30p.m. and Wednesday, 4/10/13, 5:00-7:30 p.m. To reserve 20-minute session(s) during Research Night use the on-line reservation form or contact Rita Rollins in WEY 307.
- If you have to cancel a confirmed room reservation, please contact the lab/room manager.
- All labs must be locked when not in use. Between 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., you may request that Rita unlock Weyerhaeuser rooms/labs that have been reserved. If your room reservation is scheduled after 5:00 p.m., you will need security clearance. Security will be contacted automatically when you reserve rooms through Doris Acosta. Rita Rollins will contact security for rooms reserved for Research Night.
- If you rearrange a room, you must return the furniture to its original position before you leave.
- Hallway furniture must be returned to its original position if you’ve moved it.
- Do not remove journals, books, equipment, or other materials from any lab.
- Do not create hallway obstructions that interfere with regular class activities.
- No eating in computer labs and please clean-up after your experiment is complete.
- Quiet, please. Excessive noise interferes with classes and/or creates disruption in faculty offices.
- Before using a lab space with locked laptops it is necessary to have your instructor unlock the laptop closet.
DESCRIPTION OF USEABLE SPACES AND CONTACT PERSON(S)
Campus Classrooms/labs: Contact Doris Acosta, Registrar’s Office via e-mail to reserve a classroom/lab for your experiment. NOTE: An e-mail from your instructor is required to confirm any requests to reserve computer labs. Be sure to include your IRB Protocol Number and provide the primary investigator’s name when you reserve rooms with Doris Acosta.
WEY 318 PSYC Cubicles/Conference Room: Click here to reserve WEY 318E or Cubicles. You’ll be contacted by e-mail to confirm your reservation.
Student Research Night (APR 4 & 10): A bank of classrooms have been reserved for April 4th, 6-8:30pm and April 10th, 5-7:30pm for Student Research Night. Click here to reserve half hour sessions online You'll be contacted by e-mail to confirm your reservation.
Wheelock Student Center: Reserve rooms online
Collins Library: Contact Library room scheduler x2343