Interested in joining Psi Chi?
Psi Chi is an honor society for psychology majors only and has specific requirements for membership. Visit Psi Chi for more information on membership. Here at Puget Sound, Psi Chi and Psychology Club meet and work together on events.
How can you get involved?
Sign up today! Provide your contact information and we will let you know when and where the next meeting or event will be happening. You can send an e-mail to Stephen Baum (Psi Chi) or Aiyana Wain Hirschberg (Psi Chi) to be put on the mailing list.
Psi Chi Events
- First General Meeting, Tuesday, 9/23/14, 7pm, WEY 218
- PSI Chi Homework Hours, Every Sunday Night, 7-9pm, WEY 319 All psychology students are invited to come to work individually or in groups. Psi Chi members will be present to answer questions about statistics, APA style, experimental design, and anything else that may come up
- What Can I Do With My Psych Degree?? Wednesday, 10/8/14, 7pm, WEY 402 Come learn about potential career paths, how to get into graduate school, and what other options are open to you with a degree in psychology! Carolyn Weisz, Erin Colbert White, and David Moore with be talking about their career paths and offering advice to students. We are also trying to get some alumni to talk. The event will conclude with a question and answer session.
- Psychology Research Symposium, Tuesday, October 14, 7pm, WEY 217 Come for a night of student research presentations, conversation, and snacks! See what fellow psych students have been up to and learn what research facilitated by UPS is all about. if you are interested in presenting your research, contact Danny Kassenbrock.
- Treehouse, Oct. 31st, 5-7:30 On October 31st we will be going to Treehouse (http://www.multicare.org/tree-house/). Treehouse is a place where families can stay to be close to family members in the hospital. The purpose of the event is to provide some Halloween activities for the children and cook and enjoy a meal with the families. Psi Chi activity for members - please contact us to be involved in this great opportunity to practice your people skills and help provide a positive atmosphere for families who are going through a lot of stressful life events.
- High School Senior Application Workshop November 1st, Tacoma Public Library, 1102 Tacoma Avenue S. Two session: 12:30-2:30pm and 3:30-5:30pm.Participation worth 50 Psi Chi points. We will be helping high school seniors build their personal statements for their college applications. Contact Aiyana to sign-up.